The present version of Babystar D-STAR hotspot is v. 1.04 and can be downloaded from the ON8JL website.
To update the hotspot with MacOS you can try and do what I did:
- Open the hotspot (screws on the underside)
- Attach the accompaning USB-cable to the three-pin serial-port
- Attach the USB-port and confirm that the port is created.
Mine was called /dev/tty.usbserial-FTGXOC3V but milage may vary.
- Install Homebrew by following the instructions on the website
- Install Minicom with “brew install minicom”
- Install Ymodem (file transfer protocol) with “brew install lrzsz”
- Start Minicom with “minicom -s” which brings it into config-mode
- Under “File transfer protocols” change the filepath to Ymodem send files (under B) to “/usr/local/Cellar/lrzsz/0.12.20/bin/lsb -vv” and change recieve files (under E) to “/usr/local/Cellar/lrzsz/0.12.20/bin/lrb -vv”.
- When attached to the hotspot go to menu and choose Send files, then Ymodem and then choose the file.